Monday, October 16, 2006

Road Trip Wrap Up

Okay, so I'm back now from a week of sitting on my ass and eating crap and not working out, but it was all worth it. We headed out last Monday hitting the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, various places in Montana, then Rushmore and heading on back. It took seven days but should have taken longer if we were to actually stop and enjoy each place to its fullest. There were tons of pics but here are a few that stood out.

In Virginia City, MT the Sheriff is either blessed with a bad last name or is running for two different jobs at once. The drive got boring from time to time, but the game of "Who can fit the most gold fish crackers in their mouth at once" kept us occupied for a while, this is Lexie trying for 21. I think it will be a very long time before I eat gold fish crackers again.

Here's Old Faithful, the other tourists were very excited to see the geiser go off, but it seemed like the buffalo had seen it before.

I am kind of curious after seeing this sign if some little kids have actually stood on top of a geiser before, I wonder what would happen?

Mt. Rushmore
We decided to stop at Jewel Cave in the Black Forest to do some underground scenic sight seeing. This box was outside and its the requirement for the sperlunking tour to fit though it. It was 8inches by 24inches, I even had a hard time fitting through it.


Well those are just a few of the pics. I'm a little tired now after trying to get back into riding today with a five hr march in the mountains. I'll be heading for TX on Friday for a week, so those of you down that way maybe I'll run across you.

No comments: