Monday, October 23, 2006

A Town

Texas is not as I remembered it, well atleast in the Hill Country.

Mike was nice enough to let me crash at his pimp place, but I didn't have that much time to enjoy it do to the 24hr mtb race I did this weekend with him and a few other friends.

The race was at Rockyhill Ranch just outside of Austin, the name fits.
Kevin, me and Mike after the race.
The race was riddled with problems, mechanicals, flats, crashes, injuries, and both my lights going out part way through one of my night laps. The laps were 10.8 miles and I had to follow a guy for 8 miles through some pretty technical stuff, lets just say that it was my slowest lap. Even with all the problems we still finished, fourth.
But it is over.....for another year. Yes I am crazy. I'm off to FBG this afternoon so just enjoying a local Austin coffee shop. Hope all is well with everyone else out there. Late.


No comments: