Sunday, November 27, 2005

Back in Lubbock :(

I hope everyone had a happy holiday this last week because I know I did. Here is a summary.

Wednesday I drove home to my parent's ranch in Fredericksburg and helped with some chores around the house.
Thursday (Turkey Day) I did a short road ride to get my appetite going to chow down with the family.

Friday I was supposed to ride the new mtb with Mike, but he never called me back, so it was just another road ride but a long one through the hill country. Then that afternoon drove to SA and went to the Spurs game with Brad (Team Solar Eclipse Director), unfortunately they lost to the Bulls.

Saturday was the Ride to Save Your Hide charity ride but the weather had other plans and rained....hard. 12 people still showed up and rode in the rain but only did the short route of 25miles. That night was lets say....very interesting. Brad, Jimmy, and I, along with some of their friends went out to eat to celebrate Jimmy and Billy's birthday at Ruth Chris Steakhouse followed up by going to Silo (a bar in SA). At Silo I was working on my second beer when a guy proceeded to push Jimmy in the back, well Jimmy turned around and they both started sizing each other up waiting for the other to throw the first punch, well before any fists flew the bouncers separated everyone and threw us out of the bar for making trouble that we didn't even started. But the funniest part to me was the fact that this was the first time I was ever thrown out of a bar and it happened to be with other cyclists who were all over the age of 40.

After sleeping in on Sunday, I drove back to Lubbock. At about Sweetwater I was met by a dust storm.

But closer to Lubbock it cleared to show off all of the beautiful scenery of west Texas.

No comments: