Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cascade Classic Stage 1

The flight yesterday wasn't that great. I was hoping to get some sleep but the shoved me in the very last row that has the seats that don't lay back at all. So a very uncomfortable 2.5 hr flight. Here's flying over the Rockies.

This is right out side Portland, I know that one of them is Mt. Hood, but not sure which the other one is.
After the flight I met up my Mike and began the 3hr drive to Bend, OR. These are called the Three Sisters right outside of Bend.
Today was stage one of the Cascade Classic and it wasn't much fun, but then it is work, so its not supposed to be fun. It was only 92miles but a killer climb half way through. It was about 6k with an elevation change of over 1000 ft. After the climb it went flat and windy and finished up a 3k steep climb. My job was covering all the early breaks with Clayton. We did our jobs well, but it hurt. Attacks were constant and the pace was very high for 45 miles. I established a break about 20miles in but no one was willing to work and we got caught after 6k. After the intermediate steep climb the race was guttered due to the wind and a small group of us got shelled with 13 to go. Garcia is sitting closest to first only 3:50 back of Wherry who won. Tomorrow is another day and some more killer climbs.

No comments: