Thursday, July 13, 2006

Cascade Classic Stage 2

Our hosts here in Bend probably didn't know what they were getting themselves into when we showed up. We eat them out of house and home daily.
Today was another killer day. Right off the start Toyota United got to the front and drove it hard. Clayton and I were watching for the early breaks and the one that got away Clayton got in.The first 70 miles were non stop rollers and a pace that just wouldn't let up (28 mph). Then the climb hit and the break got caught with Clayton in it. The group split badly on the climb to the finish but Garcia got himself a 5th place finish then Donald and the rest of us bringing up the rear. I stayed around Garcia and Donald towards the front most of the day keeping and eye on everything and there for them when they needed me.

The Cascades are a beautiful place and it is one of my top places I've seen so far this year. Its tough to pick between here and Monterey though. I'm tired so I'm off to bed.

No comments: