Saturday, January 20, 2007

Still Have To Love CO

Yesterday was one of those cross training days that I love, just because it gets me off the trainer indoors and outside no matter how cold it is.

Lex, Mavia, and I headed to Rocky Mountain National Park to do a little snowshoeing. It was actually rather warm (35 but that feels good compared to what it has been) and clear skies.

The snow was nice and deep. This sign would normally be about chest high, so stay on the snowshoes and out of the powder.

I would call RMNP the most beautiful park I've ever been too. Views in every direction and altitude to make you appreciate the mountains even more.

The hike we did was around 6 miles and ended at Glacier Lake right near the tree line set back in a rocky bowl. The lake was frozen solid and was the first time I've ever walked on a frozen body of water, a little nerving but no sweat.

Today its back to the grind of the trainer, I think mine is broken, does that get me out of riding it?

After my training trip to Texas (Jan28-Feb5) I will be taking off to Solvang, California (Feb 6-17) to do even more training with a special group, check back to see who.

No comments: