Friday, March 09, 2007

CVC Stage 1

It was one of those early mornings when you wake up 30 minutes before the alarm is supposed to go off and you just toss and turn for 29 minutes and turn the alarm off so you don't have to hear the annoying buzzer.

The road race was out in the middle of nowhere but it was easy to find, you just had to get into the caravan of team cars/RVs/trailers.
I got there an hour before the start, just enought time to slowly get suited up and roll to sign in. It seems there are always these few guys who feel that they need to start warming up an hour before the start, is a four hour race not long enough?


The race went okay, I got in a lot of breaks that got off on the climbs, but they always got caught back on the insaine fast downhills. There was one inparticular that freaked us all out. At 60mph we hit a corner that no one was expecting and the entire feild went at what seemed like a 45degree angle to the road to make it, of course there were a few dumbasses who thought they should jam on their breaks, they didn't fair too well. I finished in the front/break/lead group but couldn't get the legs to do a sprint, whats new. But thats okay, since I have the same time as the 20 or so leaders, and the TT tomorrow, I should be able to stomp it tomorrow and try and get myself to the top spots.
After getting back and showering I decided to drive the 16.5mile TT course. On the way I saw this jacked-up dually with mud tires........really? Why?
Tomorrows course will be lined with orange trees, I guess when its all done I can poach some food.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice entry...sounds like a crazy stage with that downhill section. Keep us updated tomorrow.

Scott

Greg said...

Funny. I actually know the guy in the picture of the Ritchey Lapierre dude you show warming up. Used to 'cross with him when I lived in SF. Phil something or another or "Dirty Phil".

Nice blog by the way!