Saturday, March 10, 2007

CVC Stage 2

What a beautiful day here in Fresno, sunny and warm. So I am sitting outside on the patio at a local Starbucks wasting some time, but getting annoyed at the chain smokers sitting behind me. I hope they are looking over my shoulder reading this.

This morning was the TT. I felt good but crossed the line with a little too much left in the tank. It was a hard course to judge. 17 miles, the first 8 are a flat cross wind, the next 4 are a slight downhill head wind, the last 5 are slightly up hill with a cross wind and a 2k steeper climb to the finish. I finished at 39:56 but the winning time as 1:30 faster than me, shit.......I should have pushed harder on the final 5mile climbs........would'a, could'a, should'a, but didn't. So I finished 18th which sucks since I felt like I could have done a top 3 ride today. I'm not sure how that puts me in the overall, something like 15th.

Tomorrow is the crit, but not until 4 so I've got some time to kill, that is if the cigarette smoke doesn't kill me first.

No comments: