Sunday, March 11, 2007

CVC Stage 3

Today was the last stage here at Central Valley Classic NRC. The crit was a fast course with one 18o degree corner. Things were going great for me, the legs were strong and I was planning an attack with 5 laps to go. However, about halfway through the race my rear derailleur desided to start ghost shifting on me. I think when I stood and accelerated out of the 180 I shifted and stripped the cable a little. I couldn't sprint out of the saddle and could only nurse it along while seated, and even then it would shift every few strokes. In the last lap I was sitting 5th, great positioning (even with everyone reminding me "hey man, I think something is wrong with your bike" really, no kidding I couldn't tell), I was thinking I might me able to do a seated sprint, but that was impossible. I ended up somewhere in the top 10 today and 14th overall.

After the race I just had to do it.....
The best post stage race recovery meal. (And for those taking notes, thats a chocolate shake)
Early tomorrow morning its back to CO, really early, like a 6am flight, wake up call for 3. Then its rest, fix the bike, and get ready for next weekend.

3 comments:

TJ said...

i have to say that a strawberry one is much better than the chocolate. i love in-n-out!

Kendall said...

I am ashamed to say that I am a newbie to In-n-Out (my excuse is that we don't have them in CO), but I can say that the shake was probably the best I have had.

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy nice showing! Good luck on the next race. What is your next race?