Monday, April 02, 2007

Koppenberg

Yesterday was the famous Koppenberg Circuit Race. Why is it so famous, well its a 50 mile, 2 1/2 hr race that has the top pros in the nation completely thrashed afterwards. It is a 5.5 mile course with 8 laps. Each lap comprised of half dirt roads that twist, turn and are my no means smooth. Oh, I almost forgot the most important part, the 17% grade dirt climb, yeah, thats the kicker.

The race wasn't going very well for me, it was making me work more than I should have. People were sliding out on corners, opening gaps. People taking the climb supper slow, opening gaps. I seemed to always be behind these people, so time and time again I closed the gaps but when the final lap came down I had nothing left. We started with 60 + guys in the feild and I was around 10th. Not bad, my form is still on its way up, hopefully it should be here in full force in May when I am on the road at the big NRCs.

Not much else going on here. Lexie's niece and nephew are in town for spring break from PA, so we are heading to the rec center this afternoon to do a little swimming and rock climbing.

Pics to come of the Kopp race.

No comments: