Sunday, April 29, 2007

La Vuelta de Bisbee Stage 3

Today was the final day here in Bisbee, and I have to say that the place has grown on me some, but what do I know, all I've done since I've been here is race, eat, and sleep.

Todays stage was a long one. 90 miles and close to 7,000 feet of climbing, most of it in the final 30 miles. A group of ten guys got up the road in the first 15 miles and everyone just let them go since it was so early. However, coming into the final 30 miles they had 4 minutes up on us at the base of the climb. The field was shattered as soon as the steeper climbing began. I sat in with the front chase group of about 15 guys and stayed there until the final pitch in the last 3 miles when I was out of the saddle and my chain slipped slamming my knee into the stem, no bueno. I sat up and just cruised it to the finish. Got a few cuts on my knee and its already a little tender, but I am sure it will be fine by Wednesday when the Gila starts.

Over all here I just got my stage racing fitness back and still was able to get a good stage finish the first day and finish in the top thrid of the feild overall. Its a good start to my stage racing season.

Sleeping in in the morning then driving to Silver City, NM and getting some recovery.

No comments: