Thursday, May 18, 2006

Back to the Grind

Today was my first real day back training after taking some rest days. It was a great day to be on the bike, warm, sunny, and not a cloud in the sky.
I headed up High Grade, which is the one climb that I have to call my favorite. I still felt a little dead in the legs but I could definitely tell that they are a lot stronger than they were before Gila and Joe Martin, only if I could get a knot out of my right thigh I would be about race ready again. The best thing about High Grade are the other riders you cross all the time, today on my way down I crossed Mike (my coach) as he drilled it up the climb, I turned around and rode a few miles up with him before he told me to head home and get some more rest.

Tomorrow will be another training ride before I have to catch my flight to DFW for Jared's wedding this weekend, it should be fun to catch up with all the guys from Lubbock and spend some time with Sheila. Posted by Picasa

No comments: