Sunday, May 28, 2006

TPC Stage 4

Today before the race we tried to be a good team and stop by one of our sponsor shops. However, we couldn't get any of the employees to come out in the hail with us, or it could have been that they were really busy.

Here is our GC man, sitting first going into today, this is how Whitey wanted to race, not just because it made him look really cool, but we didn't bring any cold weather gear with us and it was 40degrees, raining, and windy.

It was so bad out that you couldn't even see the mountain that we were supposed to be racing around. We started the day out dreading racing 104miles in the crappy weather, but they were nice enough to shorten it to 54miles.
The pace started out pretty good considering that the roads were soaked and we were drenched. At mile 10 Mike laid out an attack and then I countered it which set up the winning break to get away with Whitey in it. As soon as they got off Mike and I started blocking, but that didn't last long for me. I got a flat and by the time I got a wheel from the wheel truck I was way off the back. I chased for over a half a lap and gave up, it was pointless, and obvious that I wasn't going to get back. It is an omnium so it really didn't matter, we got Whitey in the winning break (oh yeah, he was the winner today and helped secure his spot at the top with a little more cushion, what a pimp) and I live to race tomorrow, that is if all of our fingers and toes get the feeling back in them.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nasty conditions..sounds like your team is really making the race...and you are a major aspect.

Thanks for the great race reports and pics!