Monday, June 12, 2006

Bla Bla Bla

After a few days of heavy dosage of Glucosamine Chondroitin the knees are feeling back to normal. I backed out of the race yesterday to do some climbing. I hit Lookout twice then headed up Mt. Vernon and Genesee Park. The pic is from the top at Genesee Park close to 9,000ft.
The next two months are the downward side of the season, its hard to believe that the year has gone by so fast. In late July, I will have my ultimate test of progress. Coming from flat west Texas and calling myself a climber the Mount Evans hill climb race (28miles from 7,540 to 14,264ft) is my main target for the rest of the year, I would like to win it. I think I have it, but there is only one way to find out for sure, and thats to beat last years winner, Scott Moninger. The best part will be coming out of Cascade in early July will be the best training for it, just take a look at the course profiles and you can see pain written all over every days road races with the sharp peaks making it look like an EKG print out.

Well I am off to Boulder again today, it seems that the second a landlord sees a 22 year old with a Euro Mullet they automatically shoot us down either saying its already rented to flat out we chose someone else over you (for no damn good reason).

No comments: