Sunday, June 18, 2006

What a Day

I love days like today. Roll out of bed at eight, meet up with the guys at the coffee shop at ten. Eat a scone and drink some coffee. Then hitting the road and heading straight up, and up, then up some more and peaking out at peak to peak at 10, 500ft. Hitting some dirt on the way down. The scary part of the day happened to me when I had a flat coming down Magnolia (which happens to be one of the steepest paved road in America) so I had to try and keep the bike upright while tripoding to a stop, but I survived.
After four and a half hours on the bike we took a dip in the creek. It was pretty funny we drew a large crowd around us from the other locals try to catch a glimpse of us. Needless to say that the water was cold, but it felt great after a hard ride. Joe was a little shy.

Plans seem to change all the time. It looks as if we are hitting the road tomorrow night already heading for Tour de Nez, so another long day ahead of us.

No comments: