Monday, June 05, 2006

Tulsa was HOT (in many ways)

Well I am finally back in Colorado for a while, well at least for a week and a half. The final day in Tulsa was a good one for us. The course fit us well with two steep climbs and a technical down hill all within a .8 mile loop. It started out sketchy with 126 racers, I crashed at about lap five but was able to take my free lap and get back in and went straight to the front. Donald got off the front and Garcia went as I soft pedaled around a corner to give him a good gap. He was able to bridge and with the pace setting that was going on the field shrunk to only 40 guys. I stayed toward the front the rest of the race and the break stuck with Donald in first and Garcia taking second.
All in all this last weekend was good, lets just say we walked away with a total amount that had a number then four zero's behind it. $$$$$

And in other great news I've made a cycling magizine for the first time. The June 5th issue of VeloNews, the intro photos, a two page pic from Joe Martin Stage Race, I am sitting second behind the Jelly Belly guy.

No comments: