Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The LBK

Welcome back to Lubbock.......welcome back to flatness.

I started a ride this morning in some light rain looking forward to a fun 2hr ride around the old stomping grounds, but what I got was three flats within an hour. I got to thinking when the last time I got a flat was.....oh yeah, 8 months ago when I lived in Lubbock.

After getting a tube to finally not flat I was able to get the ride back under way. I went by the Windmill museum and they were erecting a wind generator. When you see them up and spinning they look big, but I bet you didn't know that the blades are longer than a semi.
I decided to spin by MLK park and take a look at the mountain bike trail that got me started in cycling, its hard to believe that the first mtb trail that I ever rode was the one here in Lubbock just four years ago.
Its good to come back and hang out with friends and see how much things have changed in 8 months. When I left there was a vacant dirt lot at the corner of Q and 4th, now there's a Super Walmart; not just a building up, but completely open. For a town of 200,000 people I thought 2 Super Walmarts was enough, but I guess not, they needed three.

No comments: