Saturday, February 03, 2007

Texas Day 7

I know I'm lame like Blake for not posting pics, but I was busy racing today.

The race was only 70miles but totally different terrain that what I am used to. Mostly flat, windy, and some power rollers, so not built for a guy like me. With about 15 to 20 to go, I powered off the front and pulled one other guy with me, we stomped a huge gap and stayed away until 10miles to go and it was over. The guy I was with wasn't very smooth when he pulled through making me jump more and not allowing me to rest and recover between pulls, which where three times as long as his to begin with. So at that point I just let him go and started my own pace, he didn't get far without me. However the down side was that the pack caught us and the race was over for me when it came to a sprint finish so I decided to live to tomorrow and let the sprinters push and fight for the line.

Tomorrow is a short TT and a crit. Not a great set up since there is only 50minutes between the TT and the crit, not much time to recover, but oh well what can you do about it. Time to get grub and try and get a good night sleep after my sleepless night last night.

No comments: