Sunday, February 04, 2007

Texas Day 8

First off the day started with an early TT. Up a hill, across the dam, through a park, back arcoss the damn. Not too bad but without my TT bike and TT equipment I had the short end coming up 10th but I could have had it with my stuff, but I rolled the road bike.

The damn, dam. I will be your dam tour guide, save your dam questions for the end of the dam tour......


The second half of this early morning was a crit on a 2.1mile rolling winding course. It was balls to the wall the entire time and I tried getting away with 2.5 to go with 3 guys. We laid down some rubber but in the end the pace of the pack was just too fast for any break to stick, so we got caught and in the last mile a huge crash too a bunch of guys out but I was able to avoid it and stay with the front group. The finish was 100m past a 90 degree corner and it was sketch hitting it. I just settled for the pack finish, its just and omnium so it really didn't matter.

Not to get mushy about the past again but I passed this area that my dad and I always fished around this time of year, memories.

Time for a little rest and super bowl watching.

No comments: