Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Texas To Cali Day 1

The day started out way too early, and is still going strong. All I want to do is sleep, but here is the wrap up of the day.

I got to see home for a short while, a whole hour while I waited in DIA to catch a connecting flight from Austin to LAX. Atleast I got to wave in the general direction of Lex.
LA just seemed dirty even from a few thousand feet up.
Once on the ground and in the rental I saw the famous LA traffic jam.
I made it to Solvang later than what I wanted since Carter still had me scheduled for a four hour ride today. I still headed out on it.
The ride wasn't an easy "Welcome to CA" ride, it was more of a"Welcome to getting your a$$ in shape week". I climbed the famous Figeuroa Mtn. and it punches back hard with narrow alpine style roads.
It looks like it will be a great week of hard training and beautiful scenery, just like the one from my balconey at the hotel here in Solvang.
I headed to the grocery store this evening to get a few staples to hold me over, this wasn't what I was expecting to find, but I guess when you are in the middle of wine region, then even the small local grocer will have 5 rows of wine.
I wonder how much wine I can fit in the bike carrier?
























No comments: