Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Mountain Bike day

It was such a great day here it was time to hit some of the mtb trails and see what they had to offer...... which was ice.

Yes, that's right the sky and roads were clear, but the trails were covered with ice instead of dirt.




I was out with the mtb bike and all dressed and ready to ride so I figured a little ice wouldn't hurt, but it did. No matter how much balance you have you can't keep a mountain bike from sliding on pure ice, so you put a foot down to re-gain control, but your shoes don't give you any advantage. However, your butt helps you stop sliding once you fall hard on it.


I managed to find some semi-clear trails to ride the rest of the day, but I think I will wait until late spring to revisit some of these areas.

No comments: