Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Espresso

It seems like the entire cycling world revolves around espresso and coffee around here. The rides start from a coffee shop, there is usually an espresso break a few hours into the ride, and the rides end at a coffee shop. For the even longer rides the stop during the ride usually entails a pastry of some kind to get the sugar levels back up to keep going. So if you don't drink coffee, then it would be really hard for you to fit in around here, but thank god I love a cup of coffee. I never really got into espresso though until I came here, but now I love a shot in the morning so much that I am trying to find a good espresso machine cheap, but this is the cheapest most reliable one I could find.....for only $700.

So today started out like all the others, a shot of espresso and then start the training ride, but today's ride was my first TT training day. Lets just say I think the shot of espresso wasn't enough to make it all the way, maybe one more could have gotten me the last 10 minutes of the last interval. So next TT day, I'm going to drink three shots, that should be enough. Posted by Picasa

No comments: