Sunday, April 30, 2006

Deer Trail RR

It was a long day yesterday, the race took up most of the day and I didn't make it home until 11:30 last night. The weather was huge factor in the race. When we started the wind was blowing at about 30mph and remained high throughout the race. In the first 20 miles we got rained on and hailed on. Then the next 20 miles I was on a solo break away that ended when I couldn't handle the unbelievably strong head wind by myself. A break away went with 25 miles left and I missed it, but found myself in the chase group of four guys; however, I didn't do much since Seth was in the lead break and ended up second while I finished 8th. I am pretty disappointed in my performance I shouldn't have been that stupid and wasted so much energy on a solo break. But live, learn, and get stronger.

Today was an easy two hour day. Seth, Matt, Doug, and I rode up Grapevine which is a fun dirt road with killer views.

Seth gettin his climb on, Doug and Matt are some where back there.

No comments: