Saturday, April 15, 2006

Wind, With a Side of Wind

Today started out as a race day, but when we began to leave town on our way to the race we found out how windy it really was. Joey had a hard time controlling the car as the side of it got sandblasted by the 60mph wind gusts. Yeah.......I don't think I'm going to race. Seth, Joey, Matt, and I took the easy route and just went up Lookout and called it a day. The climb up was nice, the trip down was another story; I don't think I've ever had my bike bounce around so much before due to wind.

After a few hours of riding, we people watched at Wild Oats while grabbing some grub. Afterwards in the parking lot, Joey defaced Seth's new Passat wagon by altering the Automotive sticker to read........
Today was a lost race day, but tomorrow will make up for it. Ride with Joey in the morning up High Grade, then finish the day off with a Pro1/2/3 crit in Boulder at 5.

2 comments:

Bike Drool said...

dude! does that red and grey vest say "Bong Salon"? I know Boulder-ites love rockin' the ganja... but damn!

Kendall said...

That would be a pretty funny vest to have, I might actually have to make that just as a spoof. It really says Bang Salon, its the sponsor that tries to make us look presentable when we are not wearing a helmet.