Saturday, April 01, 2006

A-town

Hello from Austin.

In my three months away from Texas I've forgotten how damn hot and humid it could get. Its in the 90s and just stepping outside will make you swet. I joined in on one of the big Austin group road rides and managed to get a good 80 mile workout in. I just have to remember next time that I break off the front to make sure I have someone with me who knows where we are going. I took off with a pro triathlete from canada who ride for a team in Germany, we just nailed it and lost the other 60 people we started with. It took us just 3 and a half hours to do the 80miles in the blistering heat and constant huge rollers, but thats just another day of training.

Tomorrow will be another group ride but alot easier, but we will just have to see about that.

No comments: