Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday, Monday, Monday

Thankfully today is an off day, because I am definitely feeling run down after yesterday.

I headed up High Grade on the normal hour of climbing and there were people everywhere. I was just doing my normal out-of-saddle tempo passing people left and right, but after passing this one guy I looked back to see him giving chase. Well I thought that was okay, it would give me someone to ride with. But after a few minutes of not seeing him come up next to me I looked back to still see him working hard to bridge up to me. Well I kept on doing my thing and turned off of DC to head up High Grade and looked back again to see him sit back in the saddle and turn around; I guess he had enough.

After the morning ride I took the rest of the day pretty easy until the Pro 1/2/3 crit at Stazio in Boulder at 5. There was a good turn out for being Easter Sunday. Of course the regulars were there such as Scott Moninger (aka the winningest most Pro in the Nation). I felt uncomfortable for the first half of the race trying to find my "groove" but finally got it and felt great the rest of the race. I stayed toward the front of the chase group the last half and gave a little of my own effort at the front. We finally got a hold of the majority of the break at the line but Moninger and two others got off the front of them and cruised to victory.

I felt good after the race and definitely am looking forward to catting up and racing in that group. However, today I feel a little run down, I have a cough that I am hoping doesn't turn into anything so today is going to be super relaxed.

No comments: