Monday, June 25, 2007

Dead Dog

My first time to Dead Dog went okay, not spectacular but okay. My biggest mistake was not knowing the course and attacking thinking that the corner was the top, but that was far from it.

The road race was on Saturday and consisted of 90 miles of going up and over, then turning around and coming back up and over. You know you are climbing high when you look around and say "Hey, where did all the trees go, why is there snow everywhere?".
Sunday consisted of a hour crit in which I went all out in every attempt to be in the break. I planted myself in multiple early breaks that all got caught then in typical fashion I missed the move that stuck. I attempted a couple of times to bridge but the 30 second gap was too much for me to close on my own. Then round two on Sunday was a 10 mile TT which was very uneventful as I still search for that perfect TT position but I still turned in a very respectable time.

One way to look at it is that I walked away with some cash, enough to pay for gas, in my car, that's a lot.

Today I took it easy getting ready for another week and a half of intense training before heading off to Cascade.

No comments: