Monday, June 11, 2007

For Blake

Well since it is "tomorrow" now and Blake has started to complain about nothing new to read, I guess I will post something.

My parents headed back down to Texas today and while it was good to see them again, a week of 24/7 time with them was about all I could handle. Tomorrow I head down to Carter's to see how the old power is holding up since I haven't raced in a couple of weeks now. I plan on taking this weekend off of racing again but picking it back up for Dead Dog, then Cascade and Toona.

These last few weeks I've really started to miss mountain bike racing. I always kind of missed it, but right now I really wish I hadn't sold the Scalpel. So I guess I am kind of throwing my name back out there right now to see whats there, I am going to talk to Carter more about it tomorrow but I think I might start submitting some resumes to see what might happen. I guess this has all come up since the road racing hasn't treated me so well this last month. Its not skill or power, its just bad luck thats been keeping me from getting anywhere. And with this year being my last year in trying to make it somewhere, I might as well see if my first true love is really where I should be.

Time for dinner and a nice quiet night of just me, the couch, and the TV.

1 comment:

blakeharlan said...

thanks for the read! keep looking for those doors to open.