Saturday, September 09, 2006

Derka Derka

The day started out as always, with coffee. Then I got my stuff together and drove down to Seth's place, while drinking more coffee. Seth, Chad, and I hit the road into Golden to grab a doughnut from Safeway. Seth thoroughly enjoyed his.

Derek met up with us and we started up Golden Gate for a day of climbing fun.

Yet the weather had other ideas. The clouds rolled in quickly and the choice to turn around came with lightning.
We drilled it as fast as we could to make it back into Golden and to the refuge of a bridge to wait the rain out. What they say about the weather in Texas holds true here as well, if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes and it will change.

We polished off the ride by going up Lookout then headed back to Seth's to call it a day at 4.5hrs. We did the usual post race grazing at Whole Foods then grabbed some grill goods for some porch cooking. I think Seth dumped an entire bottle of lighter fluid on the charcoals.
I got my eat on.

Matt, Seth, and Joey enjoying the comfort of the porch.

All in all I would call it a great non race day, tomorrow is a crit in downtown Denver; I'll be there....only if it doesn't rain. Parker NRC is the only race on my schedule that I am doing rain or shine with the team, and that happens to be next weekend, then I'm in the clear.

No comments: