Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day, Just Another Day

Sunday morning came too fast. The crit wasn't until 3:30 so all we had to do was hurry up and wait. Randy, Derek, and I ordered the breakfast of champions meal.
The crit was much like the road race the day before. I attacked a few times and pulled some stuff back. About halfway through the race I attacked and Derek and I broke away for a long while. No one else came across the gap to help us out, but VC and Rio pulled us back in and I was done trying to get away and the sprinters won the race.

Today I decided to kill myself some more by hitting it hard. Four Mile Canyon twice, Poorman Rd (dirt) to Sunshine, then up Sunshine all within an hour and a half.

I forgot today was Labor day and the town is overflowing with people. As I rode the bike path through town there was a Farmers Market set up right in the middle of the path. Everyone looked at me like I was intruding on their grounds by trying to ride the path to get home. The line for kettle corn was right across the path and the average weight of the people in line was around 200lbs, and all I wanted to do was yell, get out of my way you fat lazy bastards. I was a good boy though and said excuse me and slid through, but as I tried to be nice they just sighed and took a few steps back as if it was a chore to make room for me. This is how you tell if someone in Boulder is a tourist: fat, lazy, and inconvenienced to do anything physically demanding.

No comments: