Saturday, September 16, 2006

Parker NRC

Well its here, I've heard of this allusive beast but I have finally seen it myself; the end of the road season. This weekend is the Parker NRC race here in CO just south of Denver. The TT was on Friday, the course was fine but the wind was horrible and blew me on my disc all over the place. Whitey getting his game face on.
Warm up
Today was the last road race, and what a way to end it with a 105 mile race on constant huge rollers. We met at the shop this morning to roll down in the van. Garcia and Donald riding the cruiser around the shop.
The race was killer, the wind plus the hard course made for a brutal time. Out of the 120 starters only about 50 rolled across the finish line when it was all said and done. Not sure exactly how I ended up in the mix but up there somewhere. Results haven't been posted online and the promoters are a little slow on results so I won't know for sure until tomorrow morning.
It took up till the end of the season but they finally updated to van.


Well I'm tired and there is still a crit tomorrow. FYI its cold here now and there is snow just a few miles up the road in the mountains, looks like fall got skipped and we went straight to winter.

No comments: