Saturday, September 02, 2006

Gateway Canyons Cup

It was too early in the morning to think, but I was able to grab this pic.
I was going all or nothing today, I was either walking away with the State Championship or popping from trying so hard to win. Well unfortunately I popple. In the first 27 mile climb I attacked time after time trying to get away, I even followed Nydam and Baker off a few times, but I was a very well marked man. HART and VC were the largest teams there and controlled the race very well. Seth got off and I tried to bridge on the flats, but couldn't shake the field. On the last climb about 4k from the top I popped. I gave it my all, but it wasn't meant to be. It was a hard race and its easy for me to see that my end of season form isn't that great. But is it supposed to, I would have to say no. Its been a long season, just 5 more races left this year, thank god.

No comments: