Tuesday, May 15, 2007

AR

This last weekend was pretty crazy going to graduation parties, birthday parties, Mother's Day stuff, and catching up with Justin from high school who was in town.

The parties were pretty fun, especially when you have a dog running around drinking beer from anyone who sets their cup down for a second. I think he downed about 4 cup in about an hour or so. Poor dog is going to have a hang over in the morning.
Today was a travel day for me. Made it from Denver to Russellville, AR via Little Rock. The drive from Little Rock to Russellville was crazy. There was a bad storm where the rain made it hard to see just a few feet in front of you, but it has finally stopped raining so thats good.
When I got here I began the unpacking to find that my road bike got damaged in the transit. The rear derailleur is trashed and no one here in Russellville has a spare so tomorrow I have to drive back to Little Rock in search of one, then make it back to ride and prep for Tri-Peaks to start on Thursday. The airlines have been making me pretty mad lately. They tore up the bike carrier that I am just borrowing, then go and break my bike. Tell me again, what am I paying the extra money for when I take a bike? Apparently not for them to be careful with it.

No comments: