Saturday, May 05, 2007

Tour of the Gila Stage 4

The last few days I really haven't been playing it very conservative by sitting in and trying to maintain my GC, but rather racing trying to find a stage W.

Today was a 30 lap crit (about 35 miles), and once again a small group got off the front. I waited till around 13 laps to go and launched on the climb putting a huge gap between me and the feild very quickly. After three laps chasing solo I got within 5 seconds of the break which had been 50 seconds up on the pack. But once again the wind was not a racers friend today (metal barriers were getting blown into the course), and the break looked back, saw me, and railed it into the headwind leaving me out on my own. So I got caught by the pack, sat in till the end cause I had nothing left after my attept to go for it.

Tomorrow is the epic day. Start at 8 am, race 105 miles with close to 10,000 ft of climbing. Then after the race, jump in the car and drive to Tucson to catch a 7:30 flight back Home. I'll be back home tomorrow night!!

No comments: