Thursday, May 17, 2007

Tri-Peaks Stage 1

Well I think I have run out of good karma/luck. I was looking forward to a good race today, until mile one where my front tire decided to flat. Not good since the first 10 miles were steep downhill where the pack drilled it. I tried to chase on after the decent but I again had another problem. When I replaced my rear derailleur and chain yesterday they didn't like the old cassette, so there decided not to work together and I couldn't get more than three pedal strokes out before it began to ghost shift. So that took two more pit stops and more time lost off the back of the group. I got together with another unlucky racer off the back and tried to work and get back on but I left him after a few miles when I kept dropping him. So today was a solo road race, not fun, and not good since I officially didn't make the time cut on the first day. I am going to talk to the officials in the morning and see if I can start tomorrow, but as it stands today, I am out of the race. Insert expletives here.

No comments: