Friday, May 04, 2007

Tour of the Gila Stage 3

Today was a 80 mile, three category 3 cimb loop, and once again 5 guys rolled off the front at mile 7. The pace was drilled up the first two back to back climbs the first 20 miles. At the base of the back side downhill the group off the front had 6 minutes, and deciding I didn't have much to loose I attacked and brought one guy with me. Over the next 30 miles up and over the divide we drilled it and just made contact with the break when we turned into the last 15 miles of the race and into a very big head wind, which put us right off the back of the break. The legs were totally fried getting up to the break that once there we couldn't stay. So with 6 minutes up on the chase I put my head down and tried to solo it in to the finish. That idea didn't hold up since the head wind did me in and I was caught with 3 miles to go. I was able to grab the group as it came by and I sat in to the finish.

I tried, but it didn't work. Oh well, never know unless you try. I'm still feeling sick, but I get to sleep in a little in the morning and hope that that will get me over this crap.

No comments: