Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tri-Peaks Stage 3 & 4

To start the day off there was an hour crit, with nine 90 degree corners per lap. There was about 120 riders starting and the pace was ripping around 30mph and started shattering people right off the bat. Blake and I both lasted right up to the end. The legs were a bit on the toasty side, and with five hours till the TT we just layed around the hotel room on the verge of passing out.

We made it to the TT and the legs are just carrying a little too much debt with them from the first days ordeals and I may have put out one of the worst TTs I've done in a long time. It was still respectable for about mid feild, but about a minute off of first. The course was 5.5 miles and I turned in a 11:40.

Tomorrow is a 70 mile RR with a few intermediate climbs and one final 3.5 mile 18% killer to the finish. I can't wait till this is over and in the bag, I just want to put this one behind me and start recovering and getting ready for a much better next stage race.

No comments: