Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Bike

Once again I found myself on the trainer today, the same old boring routine; watch a movie and ride a trainer program. I thought it was funny today when I got to thinking about the book that I use to prop up my front wheel as I ride the trainer....Roger's Thesaurus, at least it is getting some kind of use. It also isn't as bad as Seth who has admittingly used the Bible as a wheel prop in a hotel.

After the wonderful ride this morning I began to build the new bike, taking some old parts from the Specialized and some new parts the final result at the end of the day was a new beast just waiting to be ridin.

The old bike sat like an old building stripped of all its glory with just its framework left bare. But it will soon get a make-over into my time trial bike, when this will happen depends on how soon I can get the parts. Mostly cranks and bars are all it needs so it should be ready to roll before the first race requiring it.

I have more pics of the build today but the program to load the pics to the blog isn't working very well, so you are just going to have to enjoy looking at the finished new bike for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the new bike Brian. I finally got mine built and just rode it for the first time yesterday. The step up from Shimano Tiagra to Campy Record is phenominal, and I think it would be physically painful if I had to go back to riding the old bike! Check out my facebook page to see photos of it, I made an album for it...only has a couple of pics, but you'll get the idea.

Hope that wound is healing up nicely...have a great week buddy. TTYL