Friday, March 17, 2006

Bikes Bikes Everywhere

Errand boy. That is what I was today, but I really didn't mind. I had to drive up to Longmont to pick up the custom bikes from Joe at Primus Mootry. It was an amazing thing to see behind the scenes in making a custom bike. I have to say that Joe is an artist at what he does. I had to ask him where he got the name Primus Mootry, he said that when he was in college at CU and watching news one night he thought the guy they were interviewing had a cool name...Primus Mootry. The name stuck in his mind ever since and when he started making bikes he thought it would be a cool name for a bike.
Due to him personally hand making each individual bike to fit a rider exactly, he is only able to crank out about 120 bikes a year.
And today, I had to put 12 of them in the back of my car and take them back to Denver for the rest of the team to get there's.
On the drive back to Denver I got to thinking about how much money (that wasn't mine) was in my control. I might misplace a few and they could find their way onto Ebay, but then all the other guys on the team, and Joe, would kill me.

Then there is my custom beauty, I have to say that this is the best bike I have ever had in my life so far. The cherry on the top would have to be the name on the top tube. If you don't know who I am as I fly past you, all you have to do now is look and my bike to know my name.

No comments: