Friday, March 03, 2006

Is it Time for an Oil Change Yet?

As I rode up Golden Gate for the second consecutive time today and I thumbed through the functions of the computer and noticed my first milestone while in CO was on the horizon. Then on the decent back into Golden and on home it happened. I rolled the odometer over to 2,000 miles of training in the mtns of CO. Not to bad for just two months, and those months being classified as winter training months with the mileage only to increase per month with the warmer weather.

The training has been coming along nicely, I feel stronger, but if that actually means I will be better when the gun goes of at the start and its hammer time is another question. Nothing brings out the true talent of a rider than a race.

Training is a funny thing. Many do it for a few months and call themselves race ready. But is it really ever over?

There is some starting point at which everyone begins to train, whether it be November or January. The thing is though, you train to race, then you race, but then you don't just go and ride around till the next race. You get back on the bike and keep training until the next race, then race again, then train some more. The only time that training should ever end is retirement, and that (knock on wood) won't be for a while. So until then, you will find me on the bike six days a week, training.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're still Solar Eclipse right? I saw Uzzell's bike today...pretty freakin sweet! That six/13's really gonna stand out! I ordered the rest of my group this past Wednesday, so I hope to be on the new bike late next week. Safe training buddy. TTYL

Kendall said...

Yeah I'm still riding Solar Elipse on the MTB. I saw the pics the other day, they are pretty damn sweet.