Thursday, March 16, 2006

My Luck

So I start the day off by heading up Deer Creek and on then to High Grade, the ride was great. As soon as I was done, I headed back to the car to head home, but ended up running into Joey who invited me to join him in riding up DC to High Grade, so I figured, what the hell I wanted to get a long hard ride today.
We finished the climb and headed around the back way to DC. Then it happened, I usually wait until later in the year for the first one, but I guess fate wanted me to get it out of the way early in the year. After all the snow this last weekend the roads were covered in sand, and it just so happened that it accumulated on one corner where my front wheel decided to go another direction than I was. Brian meet asphalt, asphalt meet Brian's knee.

Joey kept saying, "It look fine, just wash it out and you'll be back on the bike tomorrow." So I decided to take is word on it for the time being as we finish our way back to my car. Then he breaks the news to me, "You need to go to the ER, I just didn't want to tell you how bad it was back there since we in the middle of nowhere". Grrrrrrrrreat.

So I spend a couple of hours in the ER as they cut out all the dead tissue that was actually still remaining in the void of what was once the skin and tissue below my knee cap. Just 21 stitches later and I am out the door with order not to ride for a week. Damn.

Still waiting to hear from coach, who probably isn't going to be happy since I was just hitting top form. Well, at least I will get some good rest time in. I have pics of the gore, but I am not going to post them to save everyone from loosing there last meal. Posted by Picasa

No comments: