Monday, March 27, 2006

Car Wreck

I was almost healed from the crash last weekend when fate said not so fast.

As I was driving this morning I headed through an intersection with the full right of way when a lady tried to turn left in front of me. Needless to say she didn't make it through the intersection and neither did I. I T-boned her on the passenger side and the front of my car got all jacked up. Airbags did both good and bad jobs in my car. It kept my head from hitting the steering wheel, but the knee airbag deployed right on top of my wounds that had just been unstitched two days ago. The almost healed injuries got re-opened and I am back to square one.

It won't keep me down long, I plan on being back out hard on the bike tomorrow, because the real test of an athlete is perseverance.

And as for my car, it will be a few days before they give it the thumbs up to save it, or the thumbs down to total it.

No comments: