Sunday, March 05, 2006

Crits at Stazio

I'm tired.

Today I headed to Boulder for a crit race hosted by Tyler Hamilton. Its a good course, about 1.1 miles long with a good climb to it. So if you're not going uphill, your going downhill (mostly uphill).

We got there early and just hung out instead of doing our proper warm-ups.


Our race started out mild, the field was 70 racers deep and everyone seemed just to be cruising the first two laps. So after five minutes of the sixty minute race, I thought, what the hell, I'll attack. Woops, they let me go off the front of the pack. Well should I sit up and go back to the group. Hell no, I want to suffer for the next 55minutes. So that is what I did, I nailed it hard. Every lap I pulled father and farther off the front that before I knew it I was lapping riders. Sweet, but a chase group put there all into it, but it just wasn't enough. I soloed the rest of the race (55minutes) and won by over a minute. Pain is tough, but sweet in the end.


Then for a cool down (yeah right), we went and did an hour of climbing outside Boulder and called it a day.

2 comments:

Bike Drool said...

Congrats on your win!! You killed it for sure. The whole second half of the race, I felt like I was on the verge of barfing! Nice work.

Sheila said...

uh huh, #1 baby! so hot. -she