Monday, July 09, 2007

Oregon

Another travel day and another day where I thought things couldn't get any worse.

First off sitting in the airport I checked out a passenger's luggage, just a couple of mini cars heading to Munich.
My flight was an hour late, but that was okay cause the security check at DIA was the longest I have ever seen it. Made it to Portland late and just wanted to get on the road for Bend, but I guess with a certain company to be un-named doesn't understand what a reservation means. I try to pick up my car but they don't have any, and I mean any. There is a line of people waiting for cars to be returned then turned around and sent right back out. I sat in front of this un-named company for an hour and a half before finally getting a vehicle, but it was a little bigger than the one I originally reserved. So my under 25 years old extra charge per day was more, like $40 a day more. So I argued with them but they said I could wait for what I originally wanted, could be hours or not today at all, so I took it. They should be expecting a letter from me when I get back.


Once that was all done I started the 3 hr drive to Bend. It is an awesome drive right past Mt. Hood.


So I am finally in Bend, OR and the bikes are unpacked. I am exhausted and ready for some rest before it all starts to go down Wednesday. More tomorrow, sleep time now.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck!! it looks soooooo pretty!