Monday, December 26, 2005

First big day on the bike

Today was my first day trying to ride with the local badasses, and it was a painfest. There are no pics for the ride because I was either suffering too much climbing or going waaaay too fast downhill. It was not that bad of a breaking in ride, I was able go with and stay with just one other guy, unfortunately he happened to be the Rocky Mountain Cup Best All Around Rider winner, so I hurt but it was a good hurt, the type where you know you are going to get better because of it.

He suggested I talk to his coach and get him to coach me also, I will probably look into it during the week. His coach recommends no base but constant high intensity. Things like climbing in the big ring to build strength, I guess I will give it a shot tomorrow; damn, more pain to come.

No comments: