Thursday, December 01, 2005

Vandalism on the Trail

Today was a very busy day, ran a bunch of errands, went to class, lunch with Chelsea, Kate, and Erin, and then jumped on the bike for a while. Lubbock trails have a big problem with vandalism, usually people string weed eater wire across the trail and other things like that, and today was no different. I didn't get to the trail until three this afternoon and found a dozen or so areas with logs laid across the trail, so I wonder if it just got place there, or no one else during the day took the time to remove the hazards.

The thing is, I am always on the look out for this type of stuff because I know it happens all the time, but one day someone is going to not be paying attention and get badly injured. I brought these incidences up to the parks department and their response was pretty much we don't care. At least I only have to deal with this for a few more weeks, but unfortunately some people will have to deal with this forever. Posted by Picasa

No comments: