Friday, December 09, 2005

Road Trip

What a road trip, Erin, Chelsea, and I left Lubbock on Tuesday afternoon and drove through the snow storm to get in to Denver at 1am.

Erin
Chelsea

We were met with some cold temps on Wednesday morning, it was 8 in the morning and temps were still only -7 w/ wind chill, the low during the night was -11 w/ wind chill. But we got out and about in Denver looking at apartments for Erin and picked up my keys to the apt. Damn, it's hard to believe but in a week I will be calling Golden home. Later that night we looked around the bar scene for a while finding a little place called The Front Porch. Erin got hit on by a weird looking dude, whose opening line was, "I've been working out. No really, I have.....see just feel my stomach." The sad thing is, I wish I was joking, but it really happened. After a few hours there we headed back to the hotel to catch some sleep for the drive home the next day.

We caught the last glimpses of mountains before we hit the plains of West Texas. Long trip, total of about 20 hrs in the car within a 48 hour period, but well worth it.

No comments: