Thursday, December 22, 2005

I'm Back

Damn, I know its been awhile but I just now got my internet hooked up in Golden, CO. Lets just say that it has been a long last six days. So I will photo blog it to shorten the story up some.

Friday was a packing day back in Lubbock, TX.


Saturday was spent entertaining the relatives during graduation. Then Sunday came around, which was supposed to be the day we drove all the way to Golden, but we only made it 120 miles to Amarillo. The roads were pure ice.


However, it only took 40 miles until my parents jack-knifed the uhaul trailer on the ice. Not only did it mess up the uhaul, but also the contents, and my dad's new truck.


So we were stuck in Amarillo on Sunday, and the only food choices close were Waffle House or McDonalds, the decision was which is the lesser of two evils, my dad chose Waffle House.

The parents had a rough time walking on ice.

Well, Monday came around and it was still pure ice on the roads, and we only made it to Dumas, another 40 miles, for a grand total of 160 in two days. So after two days in hotels, the sun came out on Tuesday and we made it all the way into Denver, past Invesco Stadium, and on into Golden.


The new home, Camden Denver West.

The new empty apartment.



So six days, no exercise, and eating like crap, by the time I get back on a bike this next week (a total of two weeks without exercise) my heart is going to want to explode in the mountains, but at least I will have decent scenery for once while I suffer.

No comments: